Monday, September 13, 2010

Super Grover to the Rescue

So my maiden name is Grover. Which is so much fun when I get to come up with ideas for reunions or birthday gifts for my nephew. I wanted to do something a little more personal. I found this tutorial over at Make and Take crafts... we also made other versions with my kids the next day. Like a green monster with green eyes and nose. So fun. The puppet was fun to make and then it led me to another idea which was this cute t-shirt. I started out with a white tee from Walmart...$3.50
Then I purchased some fleece 1/4 of a yard cost me $1.71 felt for the eyes I already had. A pink pom-pom (had) red felt (had). I was going to try and wonder under it on, but decided just to pin it on. Then using blue embroidery thread I did a blanket stitch all the way around the fleece. Then I glued on the eyes, nose and mouth with hot glue and then I tacked the nose in place with some stitches.

Over all I think he turned out super cute. Everyone loved it at the party and it was so fun to make.



1 comment:

  1. I love this. It turned out so well. I think we should make Grover shirts for everyone!

    ReplyDelete