Thursday, September 2, 2010

Abby Cadabby Gift Idea

So I had such a fun time making this I had to show it off. My niece turned three this past week and she is so fun and full of life. She also loves Abby Cadabby. The fairy in training from Sesame Street. She also loves dress up, so I decided to make her an Abby Cadabby costume. I took 2 inch elastic and measured it to fit a tiny person's waist...I measured on my son who is about the same size. Then I cut strips of blue and purple tulle fabric. I just tied them in two knots and let them hang down. I also used sheer ribbon in blue and purple and tied it as well. Then I sewed the elastic together and covered it with more tulle and ribbon. So easy and so cute. I bought pink wings at Hobby Lobby, but now they actually have them at the dollar store. I found the wand at JoAnn's for a $1 and tied ribbon and tulle around it as well. The beads came from Family Dollar and you guessed it they were $1. Then I found an Abby Cadabby coloring page online to put on the blue bag. I also found a Happy Birthday coloring book at the Dollar Store with Abby Cadabby on the front.
She loved her gift and looked so great wearing her wings and tutu. I had a great time making it. The entire gift came to just over $8. I couldn't even find a tutu for that at the store.

So here's to the newest fairy in training. Every little girl should have a pair of wings at sometime in her life.



No comments:

Post a Comment