Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gratitude Gathering

A few years ago I heard about how Oprah had given a party honoring the women she admired and respected. I thought it was such a wonderful idea. How often to we
tell the people in our lives or from our past that they make a difference. How much better would the world be for these little girls....if they grew up seeing other women express thanks for one another. So for the last three years I have hosted a Gratitude Gathering. A luncheon for the amazing women in my life. I usually invite my family and a few close friends and then I pick a few women from my lifetime that have made a difference in helping me along my journey. My daughter little Vintage also invites her cousins and a couple friends. Here is the 2010 Gratitude Gathering. Our theme was "Bee" cuz we're Grateful for You.


The place settings...all of our photography is thanks to my sister Breanne. Love this shot. I am not sure how she took it.















We picked the color theme from this wrapping paper, yellow with a blue and brown bee. The favor boxes I picked up 12 for $1 at the Dollar Store. I stapled a square of wrapping paper on the front and back. They had a bookmark, two flavored honey sticks and a small bag of bit of honey in each.





The little girls "Honey Bees" each had a sack lunch.
Their favor boxes were made the same way, but Vintage wanted to make little Tic Tac Toe Games, a ballet slipper necklace, pink bubble gum and a rosette hair piece in them.





We had Spinach Artichoke Humus, Pineapple, Peach Salsa and chips.





A super yummy pumpkin dip with ginger snaps and apples. If you want the recipe go here to my sister's Blog Food for Thought







I used the wrapping paper for the backdrop and for a Be Grateful Banner.



Here is the spread. Yummy chicken Spinach Pasta Salad, Bread sticks, appetizers and lemon cupcakes with Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting. Delish.




The white fence my hubby built for my wedding 9 years ago. I painted it white earlier this year for my brother and sister in law's wedding dinner. The rule with my hubby is that I have to use it at least twice year to keep it. So I have now used it twice and it has also been used for two wedding open houses this year. I love it.




Centerpieces for the Queen Bee Tables. I found the place mats at Kohl's on clearance and sewed some brown gross grain rick rack on the. The lemon drops were a fun color addition.


The centerpieces for the little "Honey Bee's" table.




The little girls received sack lunches with Triple Decker Berry Sandwiches wrapped in paper basically we used Peanut Butter, Nutella, and Marshmallow fluff on various layers with sliced strawberries and raspberry jam. A package of carrots, and an apple sauce with a Bee label on top.



We had a lovely day. Visiting, eating and giving thanks for the sisterhood of great women. It was a sweet "bee"utiful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment