Monday, September 26, 2011

Remind Me....My Romance Story


In a few weeks I will have been married to Mr. M for 10 years, and I will have known him for sixteen. When you know and live with someone that long you know the good, the bad and the ugly about each other. You know how to push each others buttons for good and for bad. We have most definitely had our ups and downs. More ups than down's. We have fought and then made up, and then fought again, but we always make up and I always know I am loved even if we strongly disagree with each other.

When we were married I knew things would be difficult, I had already been in one failed marriage and knew it wasn't always bliss and roses, but I also knew Mr. M and knew we would always ultimately be committed to making one another happy. There are days however that I have thought, "Why did I think we were compatible? What were we thinking, we are so different? Over the past few weeks I have found a book and a song that have triggered in me the thoughts of why I love to be married to Mr. M.

I read a book review in the newspaper for "The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels a Love Story" By Ree Drummond. Ree is a blogger and in her book she tells about her unlikely love story with her now husband whom she calls The Marlboro Man. Always looking for a new book, I put my name on the hold list at the library and finally was able to read it last week. It was fun and insightful, but these are the things I really learned.

I forget sometimes in the middle of homework, laundry, potty training and life who I am and the reasons I fell in love with Mr. M.
He probably feels the same way

Remembering the reasons why I fell in love help me to see the reality of who Mr. M and I really are.
It would be a good thing to write out my love story with him and read it again and again.

Love often starts out as a quick burning firework. But real romance is a constantly burning flame that you have to give fuel to in order to keep it burning. Sometimes it starts to burn out and that is why we both have to be working on our relationship and reminding one another why we love each other, that is the fuel that keeps it burning.

I think that's why I'm loving the song above by Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley called
"Remind Me"

If you haven't written out your love story, it might be a good exercise in Reminding Yourself why you fell in love to begin with.

Hope you have a lovely day.



No comments:

Post a Comment