Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cherry Blossom Party

I did a dinner party with a Cherry Blossom Theme. The invite was paper fortune cookies...with the invite information inside as the fortune. So many great tutorials online. Then the paper cookies were served to my guests in takeout boxes with their names written on front in Japanese....I googled a website that converts English Letters to Japanese.

I am not a huge sushi fan...okay I've never dare try it. But I thought these candy Sushi were fun and easy. Just Google Candy Sushi for ideas and recipes. They are just Rice Crispy Treats and various candy. SOooooo Easy.

Chocolate Dipped Fortune cookies. I bought the fortune cookies and just dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkles.




This was our place setting. The cup was made by my fellow party planner and is a Japanese number. The take out boxes had Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion from Bath and Body Works. The place mat is from the dollar store. And we found the chopsticks and fans online.


I had very little money for decorations and so decided to make my own cherry blossom stems. I hot glued flowers on sticks. I picked up the sticks at Michael's 50 for 5.99 with my 40% off coupon. The flowers I had and just pulled off and glued on. The vase I found for $1.50 at DI













The decorations were simple...two Chinese lanterns and I cut out birds and flowers on my Silhouette and hung them on twine. They looked cute and simple.

You could easily do takeout for this meal, but I made Orange Chicken, Rice and bought frozen Vegetable Spring Rolls that I baked in the oven and put in Takeout boxes.



It was a fun and easy dinner party, with everything being pre-made or assembled and it was affordable too. I did the fortune cookies the night before and kept in fridge and the candy sushi the day of.
Enjoy!!
Emily

2 comments:

  1. So fun! You've seriously never tried sushi? We love it! If you're ever feeling adventurous, come on down and we'll take you guys to a great sushi place! I'm trying to figure out where else these pics were taken. Clearly some are at your house, but where else did you do this? Such fun and cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know isn't that sad that I've never tried sushi. We will have to go sometime. I took a few photos at my house and then at a friends house where I had the party at. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete