Saturday, October 9, 2010

Madeline Theme and a Bon Anniversaries Party

So my little Mini Boden is having a birthday. She decided on the Madeline theme for our cake and ice cream family get together. She also told me what she wanted for decorations. I did my best to make it happen. Here is the party table. The tissue pom, pom's were super easy and the tutorial is on here from Martha Stewart We colored a picture of Madeline we found on the computer and put it in a frame. The french flags came from a party store, as well as the french flag picks for the cupcakes.

The yellow hat cake was fun and fairly easy to make. Instructions are located here at Family Fun.

The entire party table.




I made the banner using white binding off a roll that I picked up in the craft section at Walmart. I stapled red satin ribbon to the top and circle fabric cut outs. The letters I made on my computer and just cut them out.


My son Thing 1 made this Eiffel Tower picture as a decoration for his sister. I love it.




Here is my favorite part. Mini B, wanted a shirt that looked like Madeline's cape with a yellow Eiffel tower on it. We picked up a blue shirt 50% off at Hobby Lobby. For $1.50. I used some of the white quilt binding from the banner and cut it into two pieces. I sewed it on to the neck with my sewing machine. Then we tied the ribbon in a bow and stitched it on as well. I found an Eiffel tower coloring page and cut out a template and used it on some yellow fabric. I appliqued it on with a blanket stitch. It was so fun for her to have this fun shirt for her party. Especially since she designed it.









We cut out pieces of foam core we picked up at the dollar store and two easels. Then Mini B. Painted pictures on them. She also colored a picture of Miss Clavel and twelve little girls from the Madeline book. We put this in a picture frame on display.








We had a great party and had so much fun putting this party together. It was fun, unique and we had a great time together.



No comments:

Post a Comment