Saturday, June 26, 2010

Simple Decorating with Red, White and Blue

I love summer and I love decorating during the summer. Nothing sings more to me of summer than the combination of Red, White and Blue... here are a few things around the homestead that were super easy and inexpensive to decorate with...hope they help you with some fun ideas.
Here is a new wreath I made. It cost me $3 and I LOVE it so much. It is a foam wreath from the dollar store, brown coffee filters from Walmart, and a package of Floral Pins from Walmart. You just fold the filters into in to make a triangle, almost like you are going to cut a snowflake and then pin them into place and fluff. It is a fun project that takes less than an hour. We had a super fun girls night with the amazing women in my family last night. I learned how to make these lollipop's out of a strip of fabric and hot glue. You can use them on headbands...like in Amelia's Etsy shop....check out her shop. Or you could put them on anything. I LOVE them tons.
My darling sister in law Brynn hosted our event and had all the supplies to make fun banners for the 4th of July. Here's Miss Vintage G's. She did this all by herself.


I found these super cute tray's 2 for $1 at the dollar store, the small vases, candles and decorator sand also came from the dollar store. I think they turned out cute with a little ribbon around them.




This is my center piece for my table. The flags were 3 for $1 in Target's dollar section. I found the metal bucket there as well. Filled it with floral foam and rocks and Presto a cute centerpiece. I have it sitting on a Milk Glass plate that my brother found at DI. It is broken where and so I just added the red ribbon and tied a bow over the broken section.



Here is my banner. It was so much fun to make. Brynn and her sweet mother cut out the letters and flags using their Cricut. Then we just embellished with scrapbook paper. So easy, and it was a fun project for us to do so we could just visit.

Happy 4th of July Week. Stay tuned for other fun ideas for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment