Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mini Boden Room Re-do...In Progress


I have been planning on updating and re-doing Mini-Boden's room for awhile. She switched rooms with Lego Man about a year ago. So we just hodge-podged things together. I was planning on painting her room grey. She however loves the blue so we went with what we have. I also wasn't planning on doing this room for awhile, however her room flooded this week and so after getting everything out and dried we decided it was a perfect time to start. Here are some before's...unfortunately I didn't take any with the furniture in it. But it was super packed.

Before:


After: I recovered the existing picture boards with this darling fabric from Hobby Lobby. It took almost 5 yards of ribbon. I bought it at Walmart for 24 cents a yard. The buttons are from Jo-Ann's fabric 5 for $1.00.I made this new curtain and hated it down...so I tied it up with grey ribbon from the Dollar Store. The Fabric was 30% off from Hobby Lobby. It picks up the pink, gray and blue. I love it.
We kept her existing bedspread...but I recovered the pillow with the same fabric as the curtains.

I took this frame I had, painted it pink, used the fabric from the Curtain, and some grey scrapbook paper...the G was originally from Hobby Lobby.


My favorite thing is her Paris picture. I saw this a year ago at Target for $19.99 which was a bit out of my budget at the time. Then a few months ago I found it at Ross for $9.99 and took it as a sign. I LOVE it. It just makes me smile... especially since I found it for 1/2 the price. I am loving her room. It makes me so happy and is less cluttered. The rug is from IKEA....$19.99 I love it.

I am working on a little table and chairs for her room too. Will post soon.

Enjoy.

Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment