Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me Baby Shower

On Saturday we had a super fun Baby Shower for my sister in law. She loves birds so we did a Little Birdie Told me....for our theme. Our colors were pink, yellow and gray. My other sister in law B made his darling banner.
B also helped me with this beautiful table scape. She used clear parfait glasses with yellow and pink carnations. I sewed a grey table runner, with pink flowers on the ends. I found this darling ribbon with flowers on it at Walmart. So easy to add onto things. The nests were made by my sis AL and are no-bake cookies with yellow, white and pink Cadberry Mini Eggs in the center... we added the nests and some moss covered rocks I picked up at the Dollar Store.



We had a wonderful Pasta Spinach Salad...veggie tray with a Greek Cucumber dip, Mushroom Sausage tarts, and Zucchini boats with feta, and tomato mixture. It was so delicious.






AM made a super yummy pomegranate/grapefruit drink...it was so tasty. We used the cherry blossom sticks from the Japanese Dinner Party and cut out birds on my Silhouette machine and hot glued them to the sticks.
We filled vases with rocks, and moss and then added the sticks. I found the bird at Michael's for 40% off.

Finally for the shower gift we put all her items into a wreath that we made look like a nest. We found these cute chick bags at the Dollar Store and put the items inside. It was a fun way to giver her a gift.
It was a perfect way to welcome the newest little member of our family.

3 comments:

  1. I love this. It would work great for Easter gatherings too. My favorites are the nests filled with eggs, and the bird cutouts on the sticks. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!

    It's Bryttin, Brynn's sister. I felt like I should comment so I don't feel like a lurker! You have some way cute crafty things and I love all your darling party ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind comments. Bryttin welcome I'm so glad you stopped by. Your sister is amazing and it is so fun to be able to create ideas with her. Hope you and yours are well.

    ReplyDelete